Conversation refers to a stretch of talk that involves two (2) or more people.
In psychology, the term "conversation" refers to a verbal exchange between two or more people, in which they share information, express their thoughts and feelings, and communicate with one another. Conversations can take place in a variety of settings, such as in a therapy session, in a social or professional context, or in a personal relationship.
Conversations can serve a number of psychological functions, such as:
- Building relationships and social connections
- Sharing ideas and perspectives
- Clarifying thoughts and feelings
- Facilitating problem-solving and decision-making
- Promoting learning and growth
Here are some examples of conversations in psychology: