Differentiation refers to a Suicide loss grief process when self-realization of the consequence of the loss comes out. Suicide grievers grasp a change in their core personal identity. Val ue and belief systems are recast. This is not healing. It is an accommodation involving a new sense of self.
List of books: Differentiation
Other /More definition:
Differentiation may be defined as:
1. the formation of the axon and dendrites that gives a neuron its distinctive shape
2. the process by which a less specialized cell becomes a more specialized cell. The extent to which differentiation occurs is an indicator of the strength of one’s immune system.
3. processes by which behaviors and physical structures become more specialized.
4. the number of words in a semantic domain, in the study of the Psychology of Language.
5. the extent to which a social system encourages intimacy while supporting the expression of differences.