Moreover, a Cult refers to a group typically characterized by (1) distinctive ritual and beliefs related to its devotion to a god or a person, (2) isolation from the surrounding "evil" culture , and (3) a charismatic leader.
Every cult can be defined as a group having all of the following five (5) characteristics:
1. It uses psychological coercion to recruit, indoctrinate and retain its members
2. It forms an elitist totalitarian society
3. Its founder leader is self -appointed, dogmatic, messianic, not accountable and has charisma
4. It believes that "the end justifies the means " in order to solicit funds and recruit people
5. Its wealth does not benefit its members or society
Cult is also called Newreligious movement.
Other /More definition:
Cult refers to a group that professes great devotion to some person and follows that person almost without question; cult members are typically victimized by their leaders in various ways.