Mind control refers to all coercive psychological systems, such as brainwashing, thought reform, and coercive persuasion.
Mind control is the shaping of a person's attitudes, beliefs, and personality without the person's knowledge or consent. Mind control employs deceptive and surreptitious manipulation, usually in a group setting, for the financial or political profit of the manipulator. Mind control works by gradually exerting increasing control over individuals through a variety techniques, such as excessive repetition of routine activities, intense humiliation, or sleep deprivation.
Some mind control techniques are:
1. Rejection of Old Values - Accelerating acceptance of new life style by constantly denouncing former values and beliefs.;
2. Confusing Doctrine - Encouraging blind acceptance and rejection of logic through complex lectures on an incomprehensible doctrine.;
3. Removal of Privacy - Achieving loss of ability to evaluate logically by preventing private contemplation;
4. Sleep Deprivation and Fatigue - Creating disorientation and vulnerability by prolonging mental an physical activity and withholding adequate rest and sleep;
5. Dress Codes - Removing individuality by demanding conformity to the group dress code;
6. Chanting and Singing - Eliminanting non-cult ideas through group repetition of mind-narrowing chants or phrases;
7. Confession -Encouraging the destruction of individual ego through confession of personal weaknesses and innermost feelings of doubt;
8. Financial Commitment - Achieving increased dependence on the group by 'burning bridges' to the past, through the donation of assets;
9. Flaunting Hierarch - Promoting acceptance of cult authority by promising advancement, power and salvation;
10. Change of Diet - Creating disorientation and increased susceptibility to emotional arousal by depriving the nervous system of necessary nutrients through the use of special diets and/or fasting;
11. Games - Inducing dependence on the group by introducing games with obscure rules;
12. No Questions - Accomplishing automatic acceptance of beliefs by discouraging questions;
13. Replacement of Relationships - Destroying pre-cult families by arranging cult marriages and 'families'.
List of books: Mind,control